Dr Darshan Patel is a very well renowned Gastroenterologist practising in Surat. Dr Darshan Patel has done his super speciality DNB study from Asia’s largest private hospital – Apollo Hospital, Madras and has formed a very rested name in the field of surgical Gastroenterology.
He is South Gujarat’s one of the first NATIONAL BOARD CERTIFIED GI surgeon and he is the senior most surgical gastroenterologist in entire south Gujarat. After completing is MBBS and MS in general surgery from BJMC Ahmedabad which is Asias largest hospital, he became the first qualified Liver transplant surgeon/robotic surgeon.
His vast experience and deep knowledge about his subject from the last 14 years makes him stand out in his field.He has won the prestigious TYSA (Torrent Young Scholar Award) award competing against 22 candidates of DNB/M Ch surgical gastroenterology of south india. He has presented many papers and posters in reputed medical journals among which is paper on rectal surgery in IASG – Indian Association of Surgical Gastroentrologists is very well received.
He has done fellowships in advanced laproscopic surgery in FMAS(Dubai) and FIAGES (Madras) and did his senior residency in Government medical college – Surat.He also is member of renowned associations of India: IMA, ASI, IASG, IAGES, AMASI, IHPBAand his continuous contribution in his field remains unmatched.
- 3 Years residency in general surgery at B.J. Medical College, Ahmadabad
- 1 Year as senior resident in surgery department at E.S.I.C. Model Hospital Bapunagar Ahmedabad
- 1 Year as chief surgeon Methodist Mission Hospital, Nadiad
- 4 Months as chief surgeon at Cambay General Hospital Khambhat
- 1 Year senior resident in plastic surgery department at new civil hospital, Government Medical College, Surat
- 3 Years as Chief Surgeon at P.P. Savani Multi Specialist Hospital, Surat
- 3 Year as senior resident- DNB Surgical Gastroenterology & Liver Transplantation Department At Apollo Hospital Chennai
- 6 Months as Chief Surgical Gastroenterology Consultant in Mahavir Hospital, Surat.
- Exceptional skills in performing all kinds of GI Abdominal surgeries
- Experience in all major abdominal cancer surgeries
- Capable of doing major hepato-pancreatico-biliary(HPB) surgery
- Well versed with all basic and advanced laparoscopic surgery
- Experience of Robotic surgery (da Vinci SiX/i robotic systems)
- Experience as a Liver transplantation surgeon team – Cadaveric and Live donor liver transplantation, Pancreas- Kidney transplantation
- Members of various associations
- Total 14 years of experience in the field of surgery
- Brilliant decision-making capabilities especially during emergency situations
- Good analytical skills
- Harmonious interpersonal relations with fellow physicians and other healthcare professionals
- Numerous acquaintances with experts from the medical and pharmacological sectors
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload effectively
- Superb communication skills